Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hope...and other four letter words





Hope....seek...pray....those little four letter words.

I've been doing a lot of hoping, seeking, praying and waiting..for many years now.
Someone should really take the two words "overnight success" out of the English language because it's really not true..at least not in my case.

When I think of four letter words..they're usually the ones my Mother would threaten to wash my mouth out for saying..you know the one's I'm talking about?? I have to admit..sometimes they pop out in the middle of a crisis..I'm human.. what can I say? At least I'm honest about it.

But during my Bible reading lately.....I realized that God has his own set of four letter words like love, hope, pray and seek...and ..WAIT. But-- His words give me a five letter word "peace".
Yes, I do worry and fret ( another four letter word) but everytime those feelings well up in my stomach..I remember His words.."I have a plan for you" , "is anything too big for Me?"..and it brings me peace. (I wonder if He chuckled when He said "is anything too big for Me?" ..because if I were Him, I would have laughed at that one..you know..being the CREATOR of the universe and all!)

Bryan and I have sailed through some pretty big storms in our time together..many of them were not even ours but we were right there with our loved ones..hanging on until it passed.
Right now, there are many people who are in the middle of their own "storm"..earthquake victims, flood survivors, people living with cancer, soldiers on the front line, people I meet in the check out line at Fred's...people every where I look who , like me, need some "Jesus with skin on" and a whole lot of that first little four letter word in red at the top of the page.

Just some random thoughts from this Mississippi girl looking for the gold at the end of her rainbow...for now, I'll just keep on "hoping, seeking, and praying"....and you do, too!

Blessings,
JGW

*photo by Noelle George..thank you for sharing your picture with me.

No comments: