Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009...Hello 2010!

In just a couple of hours, 2009 will be a memory and 2010 will be here.
2010 happens to be the title of one of my all-time favorite movies: "2010: The year we make contact"..
If Bryan and I were to make a movie about our life in 2010..it would be called "2010: we finally made it!"
As I reflect back on what 2009 brought us..it's hard to believe we survived.
We've had so many blessings and trials...
Pastor Adrian Rogers once said "life is like a train track..the good and the bad happen at the same time, sometimes..." he was right.
While Bryan and I had some very good times..we also had some very trying times. The biggest I can think of is when Bryan got sick and I was terrified. Afraid I would lose the love of my life, my rock, my shield, and my hero. But God was gracious and healed him...it was a slow recovery but none the less He healed him.
It made me really think about what "could" have happened...and how scary it is to be sick in the hospital. Since then I've been careful to be mindful of the blessings that have been given to us and pray for the sick..every day.
Other things happened too, like the week of 7 flat tires..which coincided with the final rehearsals for the Living Christmas tree..true story.

Several good things happened, too....our parents are enjoying good health, mother celebrated her 85th birthday and moved into a home on a beautiful street in Tuscumbia, Bella came to live with us..(although sometimes I'm not sure if she should actually go on the trial side ha!)...we've enjoyed many laughs with our friends.

Plus..

We were never hungry,

never cold,

or without clothes,

and we had jobs to go to every day.

And, the promise that God loves us and despite all the trials of 2009...He is alive and in control..and has many wonderful plans in store for all of us in 2010!!!
So, hello 2010...you're going to be the best one yet!
Blessings to all,
Janie

‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.’” (Jeremiah 29:11-13, NIV)

No comments: